Ty prostimenja Stratege ( pro SB )
Автор темы: Smilodon
Дата создания: 05.03.2003 21:52
Старый 05.03.2003, 21:52
Smilodon
Ty prostimenja Stratege ( pro SB )
Tut u nas odin towarish poigral w Sb betu i podelilsja wpechatlenijami :

========================cut==================
Well.. while I was on my little break I didn\'t have much time for long raids in EQ so I fired up SB and figured I\'d see how things are going. All I can say is this game is a piece of crap, but it has SO much potential if only the developers of this game didn\'t suck at programming.

I got to level 50 (max 60) in a couple weeks of casual gaming. This is nice and all, but the AI of the mobs was so pathetic it makes EQ PvE look like rocket science. It\'s seriously as bad as sending your pet (which is blue) into a camp of mobs (which are red) and going afk for a beer. The mobs will aggro on the pet, not you, and your pet will hack through them without breaking a sweat. There are some tactics you can use to hunt more effectively, and if things like aggro, lag, and AI were working properly I can see it actually being fun to hunt mobs. Each class has a load of spells and abilities, and knowing when to use what comes into play. But with the lag, you have no ability to use skill in PvP because you don\'t even know wtf is going on. One minute you\'re casting on someone next minute you\'re insta killed by 4 nukes out of nowhere. I kept thinking: This game is coming out in 3 weeks? lol? It\'s going to be the biggest flop in the history of the MMORPG if so.

The meat of the game is PvP, and unfortunately it falls way short of the mark in this department. The main thing holding it back is LAG. LAG LAG LAG OH MY GOD THE FRICKING LAG. Any time there\'s more than like 5 people on your screen, you move at 5 FPS and it takes 10 seconds to cast the simplest spell. With the 8 polygons or whatever the fuck SB models use, there is no excuse for performance like this. A commodore 64 should be able to run SB like a champ. I don\'t know if it\'s the coding or the fact they have no server infrastructure in place, but whatever the reason, you can\'t even enjoy what is supposed to make this game fun. I would cast on someone and the spell would stop casting for no reason. Or it would start casting and loop for 20 seconds without casting. Good luck getting a gate or TLC off when it takes 10 seconds to cast and 5 seconds for people to rape you. PvE is boring and PvP is impossible due to bugs/lag. The only cool thing about it is owning a shop and/or building a city, but then you realize you have to PvP and PvE to keep that city going and you\'re back to wondering why you\'re playing.

So in short, save your money. You will thank me for it later. Wait until they fix the lag, the play-stopping bugs (doing much better with these), and come back and invest your money when they deserve it. The product isn\'t worth paying for right now.

++++++++++++++++++++++cut+++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++

wot takie pirogi...

Старый 05.03.2003, 22:51
alxkorvin
Эх, сколько раз я слышал, вот придет ShadowBane и EQ умрет. А до этого слышал про AC и DAoC.
В принципе жаль конечно, ибо игра, хотя-бы по gameplay на таком же уровне нам нужна. Только этот факт заставит SOE уважать своих клиентов.

--- [65 Wizard] Sage Alxkorvin - Karana Server
Старый 06.03.2003, 00:54
Знаток
Россия
Зомби мутанта
А причем тут я???
Я всегда говорил, что это sux будет… Ибо я уже давно в бете и видел весь этот Sux в том числе и недобитый RC1…

"Laser-bright your eyes,
Heartbeat stronger than your foe\'s,
You will conquer all."
-Kurita battle haiku(BattleTech)
Старый 06.03.2003, 00:58
Smilodon
SWG > all

end of story

Старый 07.03.2003, 00:26
alxkorvin
SWG лажа, ибо не fantasy.
Я в общем предпочитаю в магов играть, а не в звездный десант.

--- [65 Wizard] Sage Alxkorvin - Karana Server
Старый 07.03.2003, 02:31
Аватар для Fallen Angel_renamed_4024_22052021
Маньяк
Russia
Если у этого "Звездного десанта" размер ТАКОЙ, как у SWG, то играть стоит.

"Inhale. Kill. Exhale."