PDA

X Для форума GoHa.Ru теперь доступен мобильный стиль. Подробнее...

Просмотр полной версии : Dark and Light Pre-Early Access FAQ - Steam (пока англ)

Страницы : [1] 2

Chimera-Syber
13.01.2017, 11:59
Introduction

We're working hard to get Dark and Light ready for its Early Access debut. This thread will serve as a centralized location for the most pressing questions that we've collected from the community. If you have any questions that aren't covered in the FAQ, feel free to leave a comment. I'll keeping an eye on discussion here and on other channels and updating the FAQ accordingly.

Release Questions

When will Dark and Light be released and how much will it cost?
We don't have a solid date set just yet. Dark and Light was initially planned to launch in Early Access in late 2016, but we decided to extend pre-EA development to continue polishing the game. We'll be announcing a solid release frame and the discounted Early Access price in the near future.

Will Dark and Light feature Mac and Linux support at Early Access launch?
We aren't 100% on this just yet - PC is our primary platform for the Early Access launch, but we may be interested in looking into supporting Mac and Linux once we get PC totally sorted out.

Gameplay Questions

What kind of game is Dark and Light?
Dark and Light is an online sandbox survival RPG with heavy fantasy themes. Players will have the freedom to explore a massive world, master a wide variety of magic spells, tame wild creatures, and build their own settlements from the ground up.

Isn't this an MMO?
No. While Dark and Light's world is persistent, not session-based, and contains some gameplay elements, themes, and mechanics similar to those seen in MMORPGs, it is not an MMORPG in the traditional sense. You'll still be building up a character and upgrading attributes and skill trees in a persistent world, but due to the smaller server sizes and other nuances, we don't consider it to be an MMORPG.

How does movement and combat work?
Dark and Light uses third-person action-style movement and combat controls. Both mouse + keyboard and gamepad controls will be supported during the Early Access launch.

What classes can I choose from when I make a character?
There actually aren't any set classes in Dark and Light. There are two kinds of experience, character experience, which determines character level, and skill node experience. As your character level increases, you can assign points to various attributes (max HP, stamina, mana pool, etc.). Skill node experience is earned by completing actions related to a particular node, such as crafting items, creating spells, killing creatures, and more. Depending on how you play, you'll naturally level up your most-used skills, but you can eventually max out every skill, even though doing so would require a pretty sizeable time investment.

Will we be able to form guilds in DnL?
Yep! They're called Houses and they're pretty standard fare as far as guilds go. Any player can form a House with any number of other players. You'll have access to a House chat, special structures and items, shared privileges on storage units and tamed creatures, and more.

Are private servers available?
They are! You'll have the option to play single-player or join / host a private server with custom rulesets.

Technical Questions

What's the maximum server capacity?
Because we haven't held any stress tests yet, we haven't been able to determine an exact number, but we'll be using the Early Access launch period to determine ideal starting server capacity and scale from there.

What are the recommended specs for running Dark and Light?
We're still determining recommended specs, but the minimum specs listed on the Dark and Light store page is accurate for the Early Access launch build.

Ответы разработчиков на вопросы игроков

Изначально опубликовано 熊猫TV丶房间11987 (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632#c154644928857723351):
I see the game introduction does not support Windows 10?

我看游戏介绍不支持Windows 10系统吗?
上面写了Windows7 Windows8 。

Dark and Light supports Windows 10, that's an error on our part - I'll make sure that gets updated. Thanks for pointing that out!

Изначально опубликовано HerculesX (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632#c154644928857733171):
Will there be guilds in the game?

Yep! They're called Houses and they're pretty standard fare as far as guilds go. Any player can form a House with any number of other players. You'll have access to a House chat, special structures and items, shared privileges on storage units and tamed creatures, and more.

Изначально опубликовано KingofApples (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632?ctp=2#c154644928861119904):
So cool! Any information on whether most the features for building land will be accessable as a singler player or will utilizing a guild/house be required? As someone who likes to do a lot of that sort of thing solo MMOs that have implimented features like that but require you to work with other players with no alternative have been a huge turn off for me.

Items and structures unlocked through the House system will only really benefit players already in active Houses. As a solo player, you'll be able to build pretty much anything you want on your own, it's just significantly less work per person when you have more players working on it.

Изначально опубликовано Snacktooth (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632?ctp=2#c154645214959007900):
Im curious about communication in game. Is there going to be VIOP or just the House chat mentioned?

Proximity voice, global text chat, and specific text chat channels will all be supported.

Изначально опубликовано SCARLET (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632?ctp=2#c154645214959014092):
What about the Russian community and I want to ask a ping will be on Russian servers?
(I hope you will understand me because it is I'm from Russia)

We haven't done extensive network testing with Russian servers yet, so I can't really give you an estimate, but we should have regional server support from Early Access day 1.

Изначально опубликовано Psykodiak (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632?ctp=2#c154645214959022728):
Legendary/Artifact gear?

Plot: I'm a guy with a thing. I kill lots of stuff with my thing. My thing doesn't sparkle or flash. The internet tells me there is a thing that sparkles and flashes, but I gotta walk from here to there killing lots of stuff with a thing with no sparkling or flashing. So, I do the thing to get a thing with the sparkling and flashing. Now I kill lots of stuff while sparkling and flashing.

Goal: Reap the battlefield while blasting Katy Perry and jamming my OP Roman Candle into all that oppose me.

Armored Llama Mount?

Plot: Llamas are majestic beasts.

Goal: Include majestic beasts in DNL.

Ocean Warfare?

Plot: Pirates of the Caribbean.

Goal: Wave Race 64

Woah.

Legendary gear - Not like you'd see in an MMO with wings or armor / weapons that glow with the intensity of 1000 suns, but you'll be able to gear up with some pretty fancy stuff.

Armored llamas - No :(.

Ocean Warfare - Ground and aerial combat are working, but water-based combat is a little lacking at the moment. Most likely getting fleshed out during the Early Access period.

Изначально опубликовано Subvert (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632?ctp=2#c154645214959023946):
Is it currently possible to join/purchase this game?
(I dont see an option to do anything...Confused...)

It's not available for purchase just yet, but we'll update the page when we have a specific date locked down.

Изначально опубликовано woots (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632?ctp=2#c154645214959027844):
the game steam page say its also single player ? do that also mean you can have a "offline" solo experience ?
i'am a bit confused.

This was just confirmed recently, so I'll go ahead and add it to the FAQ.

You can play the game locally in a single-player environment with the same rules and world as an official online server. Alternatively, you can host or join a community-run server with their own rules and regulations.

Изначально опубликовано woots (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632?ctp=3#c154645539344373532):
Oh, that's nice.

And how are managed the characters / servers ? do you have to start all over everytime you go to a different server ? or is there some "centralized" character save to keep it accross all server you would go into ?

I also suppose, what's created offline stay offline forever no ?

I will also add another question :

- DnL isnt considered as a classic mmo, but, is there quest to do ? with npc, story, background, random "pve event" / procedural event or so ?
Something to have a real game experience, and not just.. gather.. build.. annnnd... well nothing else like in all thoses "survival games"

Characters are bound to a server for balance reasons, so if you wanted to play across multiple servers, you'd need to create a new character on each one. Offline characters will not be usable on online servers.

As for the story / quests, there's an overarching story that we go into a little bit on the Steam Store page. Quests exist, but right now they mostly cover tutorials and basic features of the game rather than going deep into the story, but there are random events and some other things to find around the map that have to do with the state of the world and what's going on in the story. The framework for quests is all there, so we may be able to add more story-based quests further down the line if it's something players want and the team is interested in.

Изначально опубликовано moonshine2183 (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632?ctp=3#c154645539345050654):
Once launched will we be able to host our own private servers easily provided we have the capacity to do so? My long term guild could mostly fill a 100 man server by itself.

We haven't announced specifics for server caps on player-hosted servers just yet. The process for hosting a server should be a relatively straightforward one if you already have experience with server hosting.

Изначально опубликовано Daje (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632?ctp=3#c154645539345056919):
You mention above that the game will focus on the third-person view. Based on past comments and plenty of articles it looks like the first-person perspective was at one point also available. Could you please elaborate on the changes? Is DnL now third-person only or support both views, or is this question still in the air?

Thanks in advance

In our current build, Dark and Light only supports third-person view. Because it's built in UE4, adding an option for a first-person view is technically possible, and we had builds where it was supported before, but animations aren't geared well for FPV.

It's not a very high priority for our team right now, but we're aware that many players perfer FPV for games like DnL, so we'll be looking into it.

Изначально опубликовано Lord (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632?ctp=4#c154645539345074966):
I do not agree on the possibilty of third party servers. I know that you are trying to tell us that server capacities won't be huge...that is probably why you stopped referring to DnL as a mmorpg, but getting out private servers with different exp, drop etc. rates will just splitt up the community and on top of that; there is no point in reaching a goal like building up a city for your house...then there is this guy on his server with 50 times the droprate and crafting speed etc. and just builds manhattan in 10 minutes.
Offlineversion? Sure, there was a offlineversion in the old DnL as well...but community driven servers? comon...there are plenty of games already doing that.

I, personally, loved DnL for it s vast map and reach- /climbable terrain and the idea of a fight between two factions, but if there are only 100 players per faction, there will be no economy, no fights between the factions...unless you only plan on getting out 1/10 of the original game's map size.

This iteration of DnL's map is nowhere near as large as the goal for the original game, which we were not involved in developing. Player-hosted servers exist as an alternative for players who want to play with a small group of people, or for those who provide a service by hosting full-sized servers for their communities.

If you're not interested in player-hosted servers, we'll have plenty of official servers available for you to play on - servers won't affect one another, so you can be assured that everyone on an official server will be playing with the exact same rules as one another.

Изначально опубликовано Exxan (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632?ctp=4#c154645539345083768):
Horsejoke, can you tell me what can i do in singleplayer? I looking for singleplayer sandbox on thousand hours. Is this game for me if i don't like multiplayer games?

It's hard to say without knowing your exact preferences. There is a lot to explore and discover in Dark and Light, and you could keep yourself occupied for a long time with mastering all of the Skill Nodes in the game, developing a massive castle, a city, or any other project you can come up with.

Изначально опубликовано Fearless90 (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632?ctp=4#c154645539345089459):
hey Horsejoke any boats ships that we can expect into the game or fishing ?

There's underwater exploration, but we're a little limited on the boats and ships front. Fishing is not currently in the game, but it may be something we could consider adding later on if there's enough demand for it.

Изначально опубликовано Sabrecat Warrior (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632?ctp=5#c144512753466692532):
How does taming work is it gonna be like ark survival evolved or is it more like riders of icarus

There are different ways to tame creatures depending on what they are. We'll be posting an overview of the taming system next week, keep an eye on our Facebook / Twitter pages to catch it!

Изначально опубликовано Psykodiak (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632?ctp=5#c144512753466889525):
Let's talk about ending players in glorious, murderous fashion. I've seen from several sources that there will be ~100 skills at the deposal of each player. I've also seen that it is absolutely possible to cap each of these skills. Experience tells me that not all of these skills are combat oriented. The real question is whether individual crafting items are taking combat skill slots away. Meaning would the ability to build a door for my hut that I built on unholy, llamaless land(How dare you..) be considered one of those skills or would building/construction be the all inclusive skill itself? My worry is that we will only be given minimal skills per traditional role type. I realize the intent isn't to have cookie cutter roles, but say that my play style is that of a warrior, I would hate to only have a pool of say 3-4 skills due to an individual item crafting skill system taking away from that.

Your move.

That 100 figure is based only on the skill nodes related to combat and survival. However, this is a good chance to clear up some details on the way the system works:

There's a skill node dedicated to fire-element magic - if you've reached level 3 in that node, then you have access to the Schema (basically crafting recipes) for the spells in levels 1, 2, and 3 of the fire element node. You can then craft a spell crystal for each of those spells and attach them to a staff as a catalyst, then use that to cast the attached spell. Spell crystals can be swapped out whenever, they aren't permanent. Super advanced spells require some rare materials, but they have really powerful effects.

Weapons are differentiated by their weight, speed, movesets, and special (right click) moves, as well as the components that go into crafting / enchanting them.

To reiterate based on your actual question though, base construction components are not included in that 100 figure, but they aren't all directly related to combat either.

Изначально опубликовано WolfyMeow (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632?ctp=5#c144512753466974413):
What does the weapon and armor customiztion look like so far? Will there be lots of differen't variations to the types of weapons? For example differen't looking greatswords, swords, daggers, bows etc... does the same also apply for armor? It would be nice if we could all have unique characters, not only in terms of facial features, abilities but also how we equip ourselves.

Looking forward to getting my hands on the game, hoping it comes our soon, but take your time in polishing the game up, better to get it up to playable levels before releasing the ALPHA!

We have some pretty awesome plans for weapon customization, involving crafting, disassembling and reassembling, and enchanting, but the core systems may be a little lacking right at Early Access launch while we work out the game's base systems.

We don't plan on armor customization being quite as extensive - you'll need a few different sets for different situations (temperature resistance, magic vs. physical resist, etc.); we like the idea of having to make conscious equipment decisions.

Also as far as aesthetic customization goes, weapons and armor (and structures) can be dyed! Dyes can be applied to various sections of armor, so you can make some pretty glamorous (and hideous) color combinations.

Изначально опубликовано Kraven Juelle (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632?ctp=5#c144512753467005585):
Hi Horsejoke, will there be any official servers hosted in the Australian region?

Also what is the teams thoughts on mods? (like how the Ark team released the Ark Dev Kit)

We're working out the server config now, we're aiming to at least provide access to servers with reasonable ping for players globally at EA launch.

I personally haven't been a part of any discussion on mods - I don't think the team is necessarily opposed to the idea, but I don't think it's likely that we'll see any custom tools like that in the early stages of EA.

Изначально опубликовано wyattmilkman (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632?ctp=5#c144512753467017689):
What exactly will animal taming/riding be like. I know you guys have models from Ark, and even the player models and animal saddles (judging from that picture on the store page) look similar to Ark's. Ark is one of my all time favorite games, so if its similar I'm not upset at all, though something new would be nice. So yeah, what are the mechanics for that.

How many animals are in the game? Can you give us some more animal names? Which are tamable? All of them? Which of those can be ridden?

Mentioned it a few posts up, but we'll be publishing an overview of the taming system on our website next week - keep an eye out for the post on our Facebook and Twitter pages if you're interested.

We're planning for about 40 different creatures at Early Access launch (+/- a few, as that's subject to change).

As for a name, I was actually involved in the naming process for the English version - Berunda is one of my favorites in terms of the process behind the naming. Searching it up may give you an idea of what it'll look like in-game.

Almost every creature in the game can be tamed, and a pretty large chunk of those are mountable as well.

Изначально опубликовано Mako Ruu (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632?ctp=6#c144512942756071745):
Can you go deeper into what kind of sandbox elements there will be?

Farming, fishing, hunting for furs and meat? That sort of thing.

I would love to have a nice farm out in the middle of a valley near a river, and sell my vegetables and furs to traders.

The one thing that kept me from Ark and Rust is so many people focus on killing each other. You build a base, you build guns, you go out and kill, the game is boring after only a week.

I was hoping to play Dark and Light for years.... not months.

Farming and hunting are definitely in, as well as selling / investing with NPCs, but no confirmed rod and bait fishing.

There's definitely more to do than just go out and kill, which is why we're planning on having PvE servers available at Early Access launch for players who prefer the kind of experience you described.

Изначально опубликовано Jester (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632?ctp=6#c144512942756084354):
Hey Horsejoke just wanna ask if in single player we'll have console commands to access cheats for example god mode or a creative mode where we can built houses without resources

At the moment I'm not aware of any plans for a creative mode, but there are console commands you'll be able to use in single player if you want to just explore or play around without limitations.

Изначально опубликовано wyattmilkman (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632?ctp=6#c144512942756094064):
Two new questions.

Its says on your store that this game is local multiplayer/coop. Is this true? Two palyers on one laptop?? If so, go into more detail?

And another thing, how are character animations? Are they plenty unique? How realistically would you say your animals move?

I believe that the local listing was made in error or someone misunderstood how to define the game's LAN capabilities. I'm checking with the guy who set up the page to make sure there isn't a feature like that that I'm unaware of.

As for character animations, some of them are necessarily unrealistic for the sake of gameplay (slower / faster weapon strikes, exagerrated movements, etc.) Animals have fairly realistic movement animations - they also have some pretty cool reaction animations for getting hit and other interactions.

Изначально опубликовано Zethix (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632?ctp=6#c144512942756161072):
At this time what are the plans for VR support?
Specifically to you plan to have full support for the HTC vive or Occulous Rift room scale and motion controllers or just the experiance of the headset and controller/keyboard and mouse?

I can't comment on VR support right now. Snail is a huge fan of VR, but there's been no official word on support for DnL just yet.

Изначально опубликовано Comrade (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632?ctp=7#c144512942756203841):
Hey horsejoke! I've just come across this amazing game, and I've got a few questions for you:
I played ARK: Survival Evolved, and what turned me off about that game was the ammount of people that could play in a server (100), I was hoping to have an MMO like experience with this one, where there are hundreds upon hundreds of players and the map isn't just empty... Another one of my concerns is as follows: does our character disappear as we log off, or does it just collapse wherever we logged off and becomes vulnerable to other players?
Thank you in advance!

Greetings Comrade! Unfortunately if you're looking for an MMO-like experience, Dark and Light may not be able to provide that. We'll be trying to accomodate as many players as possible while keeping the world feeling open and sandbox-y.

In our current build, your character stays where they are when you log off, but depending on the conditions of your server, you'll be able to log off in your home or a property in the city to stay safe.

Изначально опубликовано cailean_556 (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632?ctp=8#c144513248273347702):
Hi Horsejoke,

1 - Transformation magic - are we talking a player shapeshifting into a creature? If so, can you describe how a shapeshifter will be able to adopt these forms? And, in line with that, can a shapeshifter adopt the form of flying creatures (or even flying mounts) such as dragons?

2 - Will it be possible to hire permanent NPC followers (such as a Centaur warrior) that will follow you when commanded?

3 - Elemental magic has 6 particular 'schools' (Earth, Air, Fire, Water, Light and Dark) as you gain mastery over these 'schools', will our magical characters change in appearance? (e.g. Glowing eyes, glowing 'halo' effects, a shadowy aura)

Transformation magic - You've got it right, players transform completely into a variety of creatures; right now it's limited to just a few creatures that already exist in the game, but we'll probably be expanding on that. Both flying and ground-based creatures are fair game.

Permanent NPC Followers - I'm not sure about permanent, but we are looking into ways that players can cooperate with intelligent creatures like Centaurs and Goblins since they can't be tamed.

Elemental magic changing appearance - We don't currently have any feature like that in the game - I don't think it's something we've even discussed internally.

Изначально опубликовано 你拥有的繁星 (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632?ctp=8#c144513248273372436):
I want to know is, in the end when the game out, I want to be very specific, is free or buy, how much money, the mall does not sell the property of the props / affect the balance of the game? If these have and want to do a lot of confidence, then I believe that snails will certainly rise again!

We're planning on releasing Dark and Light as a buy-to-play game. I'm assuming you're asking about a cash shop, but it's a little too early in the development process for us to be considering monetization strategies beyond the game being buy-to-play.

Regardless of the direction we go, game balance is going to be an extremely high priority - we'll be looking to the community for feedback on game balance once we launch in Early Access, so be sure to stay vocal about it!

Изначально опубликовано Simdarin (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632?ctp=8#c144513248273442879):
法术的自由度有多广?可以给自己家放置一个保护罩吗?

不好意思,我的中文真不是特别好,所以我回答你的问题可能有点不秦楚。DnL的法术的自由很多,一个人什么 法术都可以学好。现在不可以给自己家放置一个保护罩用法术装扮自己家。

Question: How much freedom do we have in terms of DnL's magic? Can I put a barrier around my house?

My Chinese isn't great, so I may not be able to answer this clearly. DnL's magic systems allow for a pretty high degree of freedom, a single player can learn to use any kind of magic available in the game. Right now you can't put a barrier around your house with magic, but you can disguise / camoflauge it using certain spells.

Изначально опубликовано Sabrecat Warrior (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632?ctp=8#c144513248273450147):
what is the inventory going to be like is is based of weight(like ark) or is it going to be like mmos with slots

You'll be limited by weight mostly, although storage units will be limited by slots.

Изначально опубликовано rayx0r (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632?ctp=8#c144513248273887427):
How is player death handled? i.e.loss of items? Loss of progression? Restart completely?

You won't lose any character or skill levels on death, but you will drop your full inventory and it can be looted by any player in the area. You can always try to rush and pick up your stuff before another player does. In fact, if you return to the general area where you died, you'll be able to easily locate your body by way of a pillar of light only visible to you.

Изначально опубликовано Deadweight (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632?ctp=8#c144513248273903611):
Any chance in buying an Early Access to test the game while in develement?
Just saw your recent post.

Also, I after reading a bit more there will have to be split characters per server. How about special servers that will allow a "Global Character". "Global Characters" might (or not) be allowed to be used in single player. Thus, if a server "dies" you still can use your account on server instead of losing it completely.

When we launch in Early Access, we'll still be actively developing and iterating on the game regularly - there probably won't be an opportunity for most players to get in before that launch.

Right now we're focused on the base gameplay / online systems, and the game is designed and balanced around only allowing the creation of one "fresh" character per server, but we'll be looking for player feedback and may consider systems like that in the future.

Изначально опубликовано Lazarus (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632?ctp=9#c144513248273955969):
Hi, i know it was most likely asked a 100 times, but any chance for the game going early accsess this month?

and just thought about something.
lets say there is a player that kept going through the game all alive, getting gear and powers (maybe leveling(?) not sure if they are levels)
Will a one man army be possible? could i fight 20 players (new to mid geard/leveled) while i am full geared/leveld or will it only be possible to fight 2-3 at once at max?

No Early Access launch this month - while we are still going to be developing Dark and Light throughout its time in Early Access, we want to release it in a state that we're happy with, and we need a little more time to get to that point.

You could certainly build a strong individual character, especially if you're able to tame and manage a number of powerful creatures, but you probably wouldn't be able to take on a group of 10-20 players alone unless they're severely underpowered.

Изначально опубликовано Twitch.tv | PureSensation (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632?ctp=9#c144513248274450465):
I would like to know more about the custom characterization will it be in depth where you can do everything to facial features different body types body sizing everything

Here's an article we put out on the subject: http://www.playdnl.com/all/2016/1223/5265.html

We don't cover all of the customization options here, but this gives a pretty good overview of the character creation system - we'll have more on it in the future!

Изначально опубликовано Zchu (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=9#c144513248278416916):
Is there any Vanity/Costume slot system?

Also, will there be seperate slots for different armor pieces? Such as tops, pants, gloves, hats, neck, ect being seperate and allowing us to mix and match and look more unique?

Thank you!

We don't currently have any vanity slot system in the game, but I know our team is interested in letting players customize their appearance - we have a dye system right now, but we'll probably be looking to improve on customization systems as we progress through Early Access.

It is a slot-based equipment system, so you'll be able to mix-and-match armor in your head, torso, hands, pants, and feet slots.

Изначально опубликовано wyattmilkman (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=9#c144513248278441085):
Will creatures of the same species be different from each other be different other than color? Like will they be different sizes, or will some dragons/elementals have different breath powers/body types? Or will some Griffins have more feathers than fur? That sort of thing?

What kind of commands can we give animals we don't ride?

When we shapeshift, is there a timer and cool down, or does that depend on our skill?

Will mounts be godlike, or will they need to fed and watered? Will our animals level up like those in ark?

I know you said there would be 40 animals on EA launch, how many do you expect on full launch?

When are those taking videos dropping? You said this week? I dont want to sound pushy, I'm just excited!

(I know I ask a lot about the animals, but they're my favorite aspect in games like this)

Hot tamale that's a lot of questions!

To my knowledge, there aren't really many recolors in the game, but there are some slight deviations that can occur that give a creature a particular aura. Creatures are pretty unique from one another, but there are advanced / evolved versions of some creatures that have different appearances and abilities than their basic counterparts.

Tamed creatures can be given pretty basic orders, like follow, stay, attack, roam, etc.

I think shapeshifting has a time limit of a few minutes right now - you can also cancel it early, and there's no cooldown between uses.

All tamed creatures can level up and they'll need to be taken care of to some extent - if you leave them for a few days they'll be nothing but a pile of bones when you get back.

No estimate on the number of creatures for full launch right now, we'll see how things work out with the creatures we have and plan on implementing in the EA period. More creatures for the sake of having them doesn't necessarily = better, but we do want a good variety.

Videos coming soon™!

Deformator
13.01.2017, 12:17
Isn't this an MMO?
No.
Расходимся :tonq2)

Chimera-Syber
13.01.2017, 12:19
Я застрелюсь это все переводить. Если кто-то поможет, буду рад.

nORb Dragon
13.01.2017, 13:25
Дык то, что необходимо перевести, уже процитировали выше. Остальное - вода, которая никому после той цитаты особо и не интересна. :|)

*Делает пафосное движение когтем, показывая в сторону горизонта* Раздел по кооперативному скайриму должен находиться где-то там, рядом с прочими кооперативчиками и соло-играми!

BioDread
13.01.2017, 13:45
ядом с прочими кооперативчиками и соло-играми
Такими как WoW, SWTOR, TESO и тд.

nORb Dragon
13.01.2017, 13:49
Такими как WoW, SWTOR, TESO и тд.

Угу.

LordRal20
13.01.2017, 14:02
What's the maximum server capacity?
Because we haven't held any stress tests yet, we haven't been able to determine an exact number, but we'll be using the Early Access launch period to determine ideal starting server capacity and scale from there.
1000>500>200>100>50>20>5>singleplayer seems to be good for our game:trololo:
P.S. А вообще с не-ммо подходом даже веселе выходит, если будут офф сервера,пусть и небольшие, мморпг все же не могут раскрыть "хордкорный" потенциал в эру казуалов и доната, а в сессионочке мб даже весело будет. Если цену за ранний доступ не загнут до космических размеров, возьму
P.S.S. А вот как будет с читерами, которых всегда навалом в таких проектах...

Chimera-Syber
14.01.2017, 18:01
Добавлено

Изначально опубликовано Lazarus (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=9#c144513248273955969):
Hi, i know it was most likely asked a 100 times, but any chance for the game going early accsess this month?

and just thought about something.
lets say there is a player that kept going through the game all alive, getting gear and powers (maybe leveling(?) not sure if they are levels)
Will a one man army be possible? could i fight 20 players (new to mid geard/leveled) while i am full geared/leveld or will it only be possible to fight 2-3 at once at max?

No Early Access launch this month - while we are still going to be developing Dark and Light throughout its time in Early Access, we want to release it in a state that we're happy with, and we need a little more time to get to that point.

You could certainly build a strong individual character, especially if you're able to tame and manage a number of powerful creatures, but you probably wouldn't be able to take on a group of 10-20 players alone unless they're severely underpowered.

Изначально опубликовано Zchu (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=9#c144513248278416916):
Is there any Vanity/Costume slot system?

Also, will there be seperate slots for different armor pieces? Such as tops, pants, gloves, hats, neck, ect being seperate and allowing us to mix and match and look more unique?

Thank you!

We don't currently have any vanity slot system in the game, but I know our team is interested in letting players customize their appearance - we have a dye system right now, but we'll probably be looking to improve on customization systems as we progress through Early Access.

It is a slot-based equipment system, so you'll be able to mix-and-match armor in your head, torso, hands, pants, and feet slots.

Изначально опубликовано wyattmilkman (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=9#c144513248278441085):
Will creatures of the same species be different from each other be different other than color? Like will they be different sizes, or will some dragons/elementals have different breath powers/body types? Or will some Griffins have more feathers than fur? That sort of thing?

What kind of commands can we give animals we don't ride?

When we shapeshift, is there a timer and cool down, or does that depend on our skill?

Will mounts be godlike, or will they need to fed and watered? Will our animals level up like those in ark?

I know you said there would be 40 animals on EA launch, how many do you expect on full launch?

When are those taking videos dropping? You said this week? I dont want to sound pushy, I'm just excited!

(I know I ask a lot about the animals, but they're my favorite aspect in games like this)

Hot tamale that's a lot of questions!

To my knowledge, there aren't really many recolors in the game, but there are some slight deviations that can occur that give a creature a particular aura. Creatures are pretty unique from one another, but there are advanced / evolved versions of some creatures that have different appearances and abilities than their basic counterparts.

Tamed creatures can be given pretty basic orders, like follow, stay, attack, roam, etc.

I think shapeshifting has a time limit of a few minutes right now - you can also cancel it early, and there's no cooldown between uses.

All tamed creatures can level up and they'll need to be taken care of to some extent - if you leave them for a few days they'll be nothing but a pile of bones when you get back.

No estimate on the number of creatures for full launch right now, we'll see how things work out with the creatures we have and plan on implementing in the EA period. More creatures for the sake of having them doesn't necessarily = better, but we do want a good variety.

Videos coming soon™!

Многослойный Пирог
14.01.2017, 18:32
Да всё нормально, то что не ммо, надоели одинаковые ммо, эта была бы такой же почти во всём. Сессионный кооператив тоже может быть весёлым, особенно хорошо слепленный:orc)_________________ __ _ _:elf:

Chimera-Syber
14.01.2017, 19:18
Выдержка информации из вышеизложенной информации:

- Пока нет даты, когда игра выйдет в релиз. О цене также нет информации.
- Игра выйдет на PC. Разработчики заинтересованы в Mac и Linux, но, когда будет представлена информация по ним, не известно.
- Dark and Light - это онлайн RPG-песочница на выживание. Это не ММОРПГ в чистом виде. В игре будут элементы ММОРПГ, но разработчики не оценивают ее как ММОРПГ.
- В DnL будет доступен вид от третьего лица. Мышка + клавиатура, а также геймпад будут поддерживаться на ЕА.
- В игре не будет классов. В игре будет два вида опыта, опыт персонажа, который определяет его уровень, а также опыт для способностей. При увеличении уровня персонажа вы с помощью полученных очков, будете увеличивать основные атрибуты (максимальное здоровье, выносливость, мана и так далее). При крафте, уничтожении созданий и прочее вы будете получать опыт для способностей и тем самым увеличивать их уровень.
- Гильдии будут называться Домами (Houses). Любой игрок сможет сформировать Дом с любым количеством других игроков. У Домов будет свой чат, свои специальные здания и предметы, права на общие предметы и прирученных созданий и так далее.
- В игре будут приватные сервера для одиночной игры. Вы также сможете подключиться/создать сервер со своими правилами.
- Вместимость сервера пока не известна. Будет известна во время ЕА.
- Рекомендованные системные требования все еще в обсуждении у разработчиков.
- Игра будет поддерживать Windows 10.
- Все же лучше играть в группе с другими игроками, ибо ваша общая производительность будет больше, ежели игра в одиночку.
- Будет глобальный чат, а также поддержка специальных чатов.
- На счет оптимального пинга для российского региона информации нет.
- Внешне вещи легендарного грейда не будут светиться, как это принято в некоторых ММО, но будут иметь уникальный дизайн.
- Будут, как и сервера от сообщества, так и официальные сервера.
- Персонажи будут доступны только на конкретном сервере, на котором вы играете. Если вы переходите на другой сервер, но и персонажа придется создавать заново. Персонажа для оффлайн-игры нельзя будет использовать в онлайне.
- Квестов в игре не будет, только для обучения. Лор игры вы сможете узнать с помощью случайных событий на карте и нахождении уникальных предметов при исследовании мира.
- В будущем могут появится сюжетные квесты, если это потребуется игрокам и команда разработчиков будет в этом заинтересована.
- В текущем билде поддерживается только вид от третьего лица. Так игра разрабатывается на UE4, добавить вид от первого лица технически возможно и возможно будет его поддержка в будущем, однако, разработчики сомневаются, что это потребуется сразу многим игрокам в DnL. Это не самая приоритетная задача.
- Размер мира примерно такой же большой, каким его обещали при создании оригинальной игры, разработкой которой Snal Games не занималась.
- Пока в игре будет доступно ограниченное количество лодок и кораблей. Рыбалка доступа не будет. Развитие морского контента запланирована в будущем.
- Будет несколько систем приручения созданий.
- Пример развития способностей: на третьем уровне вы достигаете нода стихии огня и получаете доступ к крафт-рецепту для способностей 1, 2, 3 уровня нода стихии огня. Вы крафтите кристалл способности для каждой способности и присоединяете его к оружию, в качестве катализатора. Кристаллы могут быть изменений без каких-либо ограничений. Для супер кристаллов с супер способностями потребуются редкие материалы.
- Оружие будет иметь различаться по весу, скорости, мувсетам (?) и специальным способностям на ПКМ.
- Вам необходимо будет иметь несколько сетов экипировки для различных ситуаций. Кроме того, вещи могут быть вами окрашены в различные цвета для кастомизации.
- Про моды информации нет.
- Будут доступны некоторые консольные команды для одиночной игры.
- Пока не было официальный заявлений на счет поддержки игры VR.
- Нет много видов созданий будет доступно на ЕА.
- Игроки смогут взаимодействовать с некоторыми NPC, к примеру, Кентаврами и Гоблинами, который приручить будет нельзя.
- Игра будет B2P. Возможно, в будущем будет игровой магазин, но об этом говорить пока очень рано. Пока в приоритете игровой баланс.
- Персонаж будет ограничен весом и слотами в рюкзаке.
- При смерти вы не будете терять своего персонажа и изученные способности. Будет выпадать только лут. Вы сможете также быстро найти свое тело и поднять с него упавший лут, если успеете.
- В игре будет довольно стандартная система экипировки, основанная на слотах.
- Прирученные созданий будут иметь стандартный набор команд - атаковать, остановится, следовать и так далее.
- Прирученные создания могут развивать свой уровень. Кроме того, если вы оставите своего питомца на несколько дней, вы получите груду костей.

nORb Dragon
14.01.2017, 19:36
Кроме того, если вы оставите своего питомца на несколько дней, вы получите груду костей.

Хмм, неплохой способ получения материала для крафта. А как часто питомец будет производить кости, не указано?

Chimera-Syber
14.01.2017, 19:40
Тут имеется в виду, что питомец умрет)

Chimera-Syber
20.01.2017, 21:45
Еще сообщения с форума:

Изначально опубликовано Sirouko (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=12#c143387886719599037):
will there be pvp available with some kind of Nation point system / Ranking system ?

No ranking systems are in place at the moment, but you'll be able to tell pretty easily how well your faction is performing on your server.

Изначально опубликовано ВАЛЕРА (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=12#c143387886719605456):
They promised to make a video about taming animals, creatures, and the like where it is?

Sorry for the delay! IGN got an exclusive feature on the video so the timeframe on the video was adjusted. Here it is in case you haven't seen it yet - http://www.ign.com/videos/2017/01/17/dark-and-light-taming-dragons.

Изначально опубликовано Cascaden (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=12#c143387886719659916):
@Horsejoke

You said "The framework for quests is all there, so we may be able to add more story-based quests further down the line if it's something players want and the team is interested in."

This has my interest but NOT if the quests would be like the current hand holding/simple/pointless quests we currently have in most mmorpg's currently. I cannot stress how sick me and most of the community are over simple pointless fetch quests or grindy repeatable kill quests. I cannot stress how important it is to me and lots of members of the community when I say if quests are done then please consider QUALITY over QUANITY.

That's all fair - at the moment I can tell you that the quests that *are* in are very fetch quest-y, but they're there for the sake of acting as a tutorial.

Additional quests are still under consideration, but I know the team wants to put a higher emphasis on delivering a narrative through gameplay and exploration rather than cutscenes and dialogue, so we'll be putting work into delivering on that.

Изначально опубликовано Yale (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=12#c143387886719677446):
KonoSuba -- the game.

Huh. You *can* play as an adventurer and learn every skill / recipe, and there are some pretty big explosions...

We don't currently have a spell that can steal clothes off of other players though, sorry

Изначально опубликовано Kaelas Askavi (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=12#c143387886719684783):
I remember playing this long ago. Glad to see DnL's return. The only question is do origional players that had bought the game before get at least a title or something? And what about the old dragon egg winners?

We aren't actually connected with the original developers; we don't have any way of tracking the incentives that were offered with the original game, so there's no word on if we'll be able to offer anything to those players.

We're aware that some players who earned those incentives are interested in this iteration, but at the moment I can't make any guarantees on whether or not we'll be able to do anything for them.

Изначально опубликовано H3LLORD (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=13#c143387886719719550):
Will you make us pay for DLC's? Or make DLC's in early access?

It's a little early for us to be discussing monetization strategies outside of launching the base game - I can't confirm or deny that we'd launch any DLC packages either in or out of Early Access since we haven't announced anything either way. I can at least tell you that we aren't withholding any planned core content from the Early Access launch.

Изначально опубликовано wyattmilkman (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=13#c143387886719739180):
So is taking going to be all how I is in that video? Getting an animal down then mounting it? For saddled creatures, how will that work?

I also read in one of your guys' featured articles that you would have to kill a yeti, then collect some shards it dropped and use them to summon a tamed version

It's a little more complex than that - the shard-based taming is still in, at least in our current build, just for other creatures.

morozkind
20.01.2017, 21:47
Как обычно, идей очень много, но когда соберешь до кучи получается хрень.:dunno:

Chimera-Syber
01.02.2017, 14:12
Изначально опубликовано Krazyfan1 (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=15#c143388408894665329):
will there be swimming and sea monsters?
like, youa re flying over the ocean and a Kraken grabs your dragon out of the air and now both you and the dragon have to fight it in its home (where your dragon has a disadvantage, i wonder if there could be dragons that can fly and swim well?)

There's definitely some underwater content, including some crazy underwater creatures that you'll need to dive down pretty deep in order to discover (and tame). The idea of a Kraken pulling you underwater if you fly too close sounds interesting, but right now we don't have anything quite as dramatic as that implemented.

Изначально опубликовано Stalwart385 (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=15#c143388408894680345):
I just caught wind of this game. Looks right up my alley. I've been impressed with the bit I've seen so far. Especially the developer discussion here. Hope to see more soon.

My question is based on the content in the game. Besides leveling, exploring and crafting is PvP the main goal? Are there PvE challenges like dungeons with rewards?

Thanks

PvP can be the main goal, and likely will be for a number of players who choose to play on PvP servers. We do have content planned out for PvE players, including some dungeons (non-instanced) and extremely rare, dangerous creatures to hunt or tame.

I think most players are going to enjoy Dark and Light for its social aspects, PvP included, but playing on a PvE server will definitely have more to its endgame than crafting or building up a giant castle (even though you can go pretty deep with those systems, too!).

Изначально опубликовано Zethix (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=15#c143388408894685123):
What are your plans to deal with cheaters and hackers? Will there be permanent ban on all public servers per account or just server based banning so once caught they can just switch servers?

We'll have our own internal GM team to deal with reports of cheating and hacking - punishments will be decided on a case-by-case basis. The most severe offenders, like hackers, will most likely face an account-wide ban from official servers.

Изначально опубликовано КОМАРИН (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=15#c143388408894704210):
hi ,horsejoke, and tame dragons can spew flames?;)

That depends on the kind of dragon!

Изначально опубликовано Art.Angelov (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=15#c143388408894753269):
Good day, Horsejoke!
A few words about the craft, please. Will gradation resources (rare, unique, regular, irregular, etc.)?
Where we can write our ideas about the game? Will they be considered? If I have some idea, how I can share only with you? :)

I'm not entirely sure I understand your first question, but some resources are definitely much rarer and more difficult to obtain than others. If you're talking about some randomized stats for crafted items, we're playing around with the idea of it but we haven't landed on anything final just yet.

As far as sharing feedback about the game - once Dark and Light launches in Early Access we'll be looking at a number of channels to gather community feedback. If you have an idea for the game, sharing it with me only probably won't get you very far - starting a thread and gathering support would help support your idea a lot more.

Изначально опубликовано Khaz (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=18#c143388511232089499):
Is there any sort of healing system (via magic or otherwise)? I find Ark's to be pretty lacking. I wouldn't mind seeing some healing magic, even if it were more of an enhanced metabolism type spell, which drains your hunger to heal quickly. I kind of doubt any game would implement it, but an empath heal (transfer wounds to yourself) would be neat too.

The transformation spell sound great. Is there any information if there is/will be werewolf/vampire related content?

There are a few ways to heal - there's' a healing spell you can get pretty early on that heals you over time, and certain foods can help heal your character a little quicker. We currently don't have a way for players to heal each other directly, though.

We don't have anything akin to a werewolf or vampire transformation; the transformation spells we have in the game currently are to transform into various creatures that you can encounter throughout the wild.

Изначально опубликовано cailean_556 (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=18#c143388511232111964):

Feel free to fact-check me Mako Ruu, but pretty sure I'm right. Hence why I answered.

Those questions, or ones similar, were asked a while back and Horsejoke answered. Save him having to repeat himself, or not answer at all, figured I'd lend a hand.

If I wasn't confident in my answers, I would not have posted.

Изначально опубликовано Mako Ruu (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=18#c143388511232111964):
It doesn't matter whether you're "pretty sure you're right."

You're creating missinformation about the game with your own opinion on what you think you know about it.

It's tough for me to get to every question in a timely manner since I have a number of other responsibilities related to DnL. I do definitely appreciate the help from players answering questions that have already been answered.

I keep a pretty close eye on things, so if I see misinformation spreading then I'll be able to take care of it, but so far people have been pretty on-point with their answers. Just make sure to keep things civil!

Изначально опубликовано ViciousToad (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=18#c143388511232130082):
What are your plans for balancing melee vs range, specially in pvp?
Do we get some sick melee skills that are gonna make us able to compete against people using ranged weapons, and if so can you tell us about it!?

A lot of the balance between melee and ranged weapons is taken care of by the engine itself. Ranged attacks / spells need to be aimed properly, and a few of the hard-hitting attacks / spells travel slowly, so it can be tough to hit your target in the middle of a fight. Melee attacks on the other hand are easy to land, don't require mana or ammo, and can be used without any sort of charge or channeling time.

Melee skills are tied to the weapon you're using. Greatswords get a slow, heavy downward strike, hammers get a jumping smash that moves them pretty far forward, pikes get a quick forward thrust, etc.

Изначально опубликовано cailean_556 (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=18#c143388511232147251):
Horsejoke, are you able to tell us if weapons and armour are tied to particular skills (i.e. to get better with swords and light armour, we need to equip and use swords/light armour) or if it's more like ARK in that the player can utilise all weapons and armour, regardless of level, however their effectiveness changes based on player stats/skill nodes?

Right now we don't have a level cap on any weapons or armor pieces, and I feel like it's going to stay that way for now. What's the fun of finding and looting someone's stash if you can't even use the stuff? Skill nodes won't affect the effectiveness of your weapons / armor, but stats definitely will.

Изначально опубликовано Dany_shady (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=19#c143388511232155824):
if we tame a monster or a dragon, will we be able to attack with them (assuming direct control of the beast) i mean, beathing fire from above, bitting, charging, pouncing... all that stuff. air dragon battles are planed? :) would love to see that

Yeah, that's pretty much how it works. You'll have a left click and a right click attack for just about every creature you mount or transform into. Common creatures have things like swipes or bites, but more powerful creatures have more unique abilities.

Изначально опубликовано Kennyprime1232 (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=19#c143388511232221246) (The Survivalist):
Will there be a reputation system on pvp servers like nobile,hero,legend/ criminal,outlaw,villian

There's a title system that we're working on currently that's based on completing certain achievements, but at the moment there's no set reputation system.

Изначально опубликовано dinovart (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=19#c143388511232241830):
Is it possible tot ame any creature (I,m especially interested in hugee bipedal dragons)? I hope, that this game will not have time limit and all creatures will be permanent tames. And how tamed creatures will level-up - just stats increasing or unlocking some abilities/attacks/spells, for example, fireballs, summoning ally monsters or fast regeneration for elder dragons (like in "I of the dragon")? finally, any chance for max level players to morph into big bipedal dragon and fight both on land and in the sky?

Not *every* creature is tameable, but a majority are. They're all permanent (as long as you take care of them). Leveling up a creature will result in earning attribute points, just like leveling up your character.

As far as transforming into a bipedal dragon, I'm not entirely sure, but I think all of the actual dragons in the game are quadrapedal. We have some wyverns that are technically bipedal (and you can transform into those and fight on land or in the sky!), but they're not exactly dragons.

Изначально опубликовано Fearless90 (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=19#c143388511232257772):
HORSEJOKE i will be forced to use magic in this game cause i want to play pure archer or warrior i dont want to magic with my character can i play normally or i will have to use it for some needs?

You'll unlock a lot of the early magic spells passively by just playing the game the way you would normally play, but it's your choice whether or not you want to actually invest the resources to craft spells and use them. You're free to play as a purely physical warrior if that's what you want to do, but magic can be pretty helpful to have on-hand just in case.

Изначально опубликовано Rustico (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=20#c135507548128546997):
Hi Horsejoke, few question about how PvP works and other stuffs:
1 - PvP is only based on factions or is extended to same faction players too?

2 - PvE servers abort all kind of PvP? Is damaging a player's house considered PvP and blocked on PvE servers?

3 - Exist some sort of safe zone/safe building zone where you can't be killed/robbed/damaged?

4 - Exist an absolutly safe storage? Maybe in one of the 3 principal town?

5 - Destroyed trees, rocks ecc. will respown? Trees will regrow in a valid zone?

Sorry for the delayed responses everyone, we've been pretty busy here!

Anyways, to answer your questions:

1 - Right now, players within the same faction can PvP with each other - this may or may not change by Early Access launch.

2 - You won't be able to damage another player or their property directly on a PvE server.

3 / 4 - There's nowhere that's *completely* safe for you and your stuff, but the main cities can be pretty safe depending on your server setup.

5 - Destroyed trees and rocks will respawn unless there's something blocking the spawn, like a structure.

Изначально опубликовано jasonbwarren (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=20#c135507548128595896):
i'd like to know if there will be character/progression wipes during the early access period ?

We haven't announced any wipes just yet, but if we do plan on wiping on any official server, we'll be sure to announce it ahead of time.

Изначально опубликовано Rastor (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=20#c135507548128611863):
Server Hosting, Currently I host a SE ARK server for my community, and have hosted many others in the past, please tell me that the information around settings values launch commands well be similar and that the info will be a pinned topic here. As with ARK it took quite a while before the Server Admins had good tools to work with and in some cases hours of digging or trial and error to get the feel right: going to extremes to learn how a.k.a.(mini game). I'm looking forward to playing and setting up a server. Just hopeful that it’s a bit easier than say an ARMA3, esp. if self-hosting, not with a online vendor.

I'm not actually too familiar with the tools that unofficial server admins use, so that's good for me to know.

I know we're still smoothing out the whole platform, so I can't promise anything, but I'll check with the team and see if we can get some server setting info pinned up here once the game launches in Early Access.

Изначально опубликовано Ganet (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=20#c135507548128662178):
Hm... I have a question. I know you can transform in the game due to spells as has been shown but will there be any plans for different player races besides your standard dwarves, elves and humans? I know it may seem a silly thing to ask but it would be nice.

Also curious on clothing options. I mean I know it's armour and the like but armour wise and weapon wise are there different designs for them to make them more personal to your character? Or differences in power or defence depending on how you craft them?

Would really appreciate hearing back from you Horsejoke but I get that you're busy. Heh.

No silly questions here!

Right now we only have the three races, but the way the character creator works it that you'll have options from all three races available on a base model (pointy ears, huge height sliders, big bushy dwarven beards, etc.), but we'd probably like to expand on those options once we're rolling with the Early Access launch.

As far as clothing options go, you'll be able to dye a good number of the armor sets in various patterns and colors to kind of personalize your look, but we haven't revealed any way to improve stats or enchant them. Right now you'll select armor mostly on a case-by-case basis (physical defense vs. magic defense, heat vs. cold resist, etc.).

Изначально опубликовано -KuKu (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=20#c135507548128825013):
hey, Horsejoke. I am wondering whether the game exist the voice communication system which u can talk with someone nearby or It only have chat system now?

We have proximity voice chat working right now, as well as a few text-based channels for proximity, world chat, House chat, etc.

Изначально опубликовано Zchu (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=20#c135507548129107337):
Are there any plans to improve the character customization and Animations?

I just watched the game play video and the movements look disturbingly fake. A more fluid 360 walk/run would be a nice option to add (some games lets you choose this in the menu). What I mean by that is the ability to walk towards the camera and not just back up towards the camera.

Even the creature animations are bad, the dragon moved like a robot.

The characters look very ugly to me. Are you going to add more face parts? What I mean by that is like multiple nose, lip and eye options and not just the ability to make the same nose wider/thinner, bigger/smaller and higher/lower.

What tends to happen is everyone looks the same, or related. Sure you can have huge eyes at the top of your forehead, but they are still the same eyes that everyone else has.

Hopefully it is a work in progress...

The entire game is definitely a work in progress - we're somewhere between pre-alpha and alpha right now. Core gameplay systems are implemented, tertiary gameplay systems are steadily being implemented and iterated on, and we'll be polishing up the entire package (including animations, sounds, textures, models, etc.) up to and throughout the Early Access period.

We haven't shown much of the character creation system just yet, but you'll have a pretty good range of tools / sliders to adjust facial features as you see fit. I've made a big range of characters from nice-looking ones to hideous monstrosities. Hopefully we'll be able to show more of that whole system soon.

nORb Dragon
01.02.2017, 14:23
We have proximity voice chat working right now, as well as a few text-based channels for proximity, world chat, House chat, etc.
Хмм... типа будет встроенный в игру голосовой чат? Неплохо. Эта "фишка" меня еще в "обещанном" Everquest Next/Landmark заинтриговала. Но по нормальному ее сделать в Ландмарке так и не сделали (на период моих тестов). Интересно, как будет реализовано в D&L.

you'll have a pretty good range of tools / sliders to adjust facial features as you see fit.
А тем временем Снейлы играют в нового Конана и понимают: "надо добавить еще несколько слайдеров, и не только для лица".

LordRal20
02.02.2017, 23:21
Хмм... типа будет встроенный в игру голосовой чат? Неплохо. Эта "фишка" меня еще в "обещанном" Everquest Next/Landmark заинтриговала. Но по нормальному ее сделать в Ландмарке так и не сделали (на период моих тестов). Интересно, как будет реализовано в D&L.

А тем временем Снейлы играют в нового Конана и понимают: "надо добавить еще несколько слайдеров, и не только для лица".
Для посохов. Ну там, размер камней регулировать. Набалдашников:trololo:

BioDread
02.02.2017, 23:27
Для посохов.
Скромнее надо быть, скромнее!
Для жезлов.

LordRal20
02.02.2017, 23:31
Скромнее надо быть, скромнее!
Для жезлов.
Там можно гнома мага создать. Сомневаешься в "магических" способностях низкоросликов?:wizard:

BioDread
02.02.2017, 23:34
Сомневаешься
Жезл традиционней, посох выглядит как пусть художественное, но всё же преувеличение.

Chimera-Syber
04.02.2017, 23:39
Изначально опубликовано Feron (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=21#c135508017190408222):
Is it possible to host in game relationships? (ie. through an in game marriage)

At the moment we don't have any sort of marriage / companionship systems in place.

Изначально опубликовано Jimmy NoShoes (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=21#c135508031947447493):
You have said that the game cannot be played on Linux and mac on initial release, but does this extend to private servers as well? Alot of people use Linux to host private servers.

I'm not actually sure about how server hosting works on unsupported platforms - the game itself will only be supported on Windows at the Early Access launch.

Изначально опубликовано Metal (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=21#c135508031947570517):
WOW!

Awesome gameplay's on yt!

Some question's :)

- UE 4 is atm DX12 with x64 .exe and in future "maybe" Vulcan ?
- Will the server use MariaDB Mysql ?
- I assume at start 50-70 player server, any "rough" ideas on end goal of max players per server (100/120?) ?
- Any "rough" ideas about server requirement ?
- I am guessing Windows server files and x64 .exe ?
- Are spells, skills done server side to avoid cheating/hacking ?
- What is the size of map and/or in EA, landmass will be added and/or expanded ?

- Since this game is on Steam, will be there a steam workshop ?

- Any future DLC or large expansions planed ?

- Will be there an option to buy pack with a reduced price for me and my friend/s of game copy ?

Pretty sure this qualifies as more than "some" questions - I'll do my best to get through them!

As far as the technical questions go, there's a lot I can't answer right now since we're still working out some details. We'll probably have a technical / server hosting FAQ up on or close to the Early Access launch.

- On server capacity - at the start of Early Access we're aiming for larger (100~ player) servers, but depending on how early testing goes we may need to adjust on the fly.

- Server files are x64.exe.

- Characters, inventories, spells, etc. are all stored server side to prevent cheating.

- I don't have an exact measurement for the explorable area in the world right now, but it's larger than most games in the genre. Additional maps are a possibility, but right now we're focusing on the base game and polishing it up for the Early Access launch.

- No steam workshop is planned right now.

- Like with your question on additional maps, DLC and expansions are something that may be possible in the future, but we're focusing entirely on the base game above everything else leading up the Early Access launch.

- Right now the plans are to release the game for a discounted price during the Early Access period, but we don't have any plans for friend packs at the moment.

Изначально опубликовано innoxiuslive (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=21#c135508031947656866):
Hey Horsejoke, a few questions~

Will there be Full controller support?

Will there be any playable beast races?

Will there be tamed creature breeding?(100/10 would like to see it)

You mentioned earlier that animals die if left alone for to long? Would the option to leave them in a guild/house where allies can care for them be available? Would hate to get a badass dragon, be busy with family or something and come back to that.

Will founders packs/early access packs be available?

I read that character import/export wont be possible to make it fairer, I get that but would it be possible to import/export how your character looks? If a server dies I wouldnt want to spend forever making my character look the way I want him to~

Will you be adding a player based market?

Would you expect any server based events to happen that could grant the attendees unique items? i.e items that would not likely return.

How many life skills are expected to be added? i.e fishing, building, smithing, tailoring and the sort.

Will you be adding an optional rpg styled story line for those who prefer the rpg elements to the sandbox?

And~~ As a gamer do you think this project is going as well as it could be? As a dev I expect you don't really want to say anything negative but either way it seems a game worth buying.

Sorry for the amount of questions.

Oh man that's a huge list. I don't think I'll be able to answer all of them right now since things have gotten pretty busy recently, but I'll take on a few of the ones I think are most relevant.

- Caring for friends' tamed creatures: If you're a member of a House, then you can set privileges for other members to care for / use each others' tamed creatures.

- Saving customer character appearance: You'll be able to save any number of presets on the character creation interface for use whenever you make a new character.

- Limited-time events with exclusive items: This is definitely possible for holidays or other special events, but it's not something we have explicitly outlined for the game just yet.

- Optional side-story for RPG fans: There is a pretty deep background and history to Dark and Light's world, but a full-blown optional RPG-style story isn't likely. We'll be focusing primarily on sandbox features and gameplay, but there is some subtle storytelling that we may be able to expand on over time.

- As a gamer I feel like development is progressing pretty smoothly. Like you mentioned, it's hard for me to be unbiased, but even with a number of other awesome games in the genre, I feel like Dark and Light has a lot of interesting features with the whole magic and skill leveling systems (among others!) that should set it apart pretty well. Just hoping we can show off more of the game soon! Also a minor point, but just to clarify, I have a developer tag because that's how Steam defines it, but I'm actually an associate producer on the project, not technically a developer.

Изначально опубликовано GS* Prodigy (http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?ctp=22#c135508031947964541):
Hey horsejoke, just a quick few questions not to long...

I was curious since you guys have the " buy the game " button on your offical server that entails the game is being planned to release soon " EA " that is ? or what is the reasoning on that.

Secondly, i see you are super active on here, wouldnt it be a good idea to put out some sort of announcements like offically for people who are excited but seeing very little to no progress, Wether that be like Quick updates, or something along the lines of, an announcement date for annoucing the EA Launch date? i mainly would like to know due to the fact i just bought conan exiles, and im still more excited to play DnL than this game.

Ever since Everquest Next cancled, i been looking for something along the lines of DnL im pretty sure everyon , including my self would love some sort of update on Current Progress, not nessicarly telling the date of EA , but just something to keep people going!

Heya Prodigy - the "Buy the Game" button on the website is a little misleading and needs to be changed along with a few other web elements - it's not necessarily an indicator of an imminent EA launch.

I've brought up the idea of a dev blog with our team, but it's a little difficult since they're based in China. However, we recently held demo sessions with IGN, MMORPG.com and others, and we're getting to the point where we're a little more comfortable with releasing info and gameplay footage / screenshots, so you can probably expect to see more coming out of us soon(tm).

Chimera-Syber
04.02.2017, 23:39
Браков в игре не будет. Только хардкор :trololo::trololo:

nORb Dragon
04.02.2017, 23:54
Суровый мир. Не до браков. Да и вообще, хорошее дело браком не назовут. Посему одобряю.

Единственная полезная информация из всей этой стимовской переписки: на раннем доступе игровой клиент будет только под винду.

Chimera-Syber
04.02.2017, 23:58
а как же инфа про браки? :trololo:

nORb Dragon
05.02.2017, 00:10
Ну... Биодред конечно расстроится. Но он уже удалил игру. Так что, информация запоздала и стала бесполезна. :smok)

Chimera-Syber
05.02.2017, 00:11
Не, ну ты понимаешь, что есть большая часть игроков, которой позарез нужны браки? :trololo:

BioDread
05.02.2017, 00:18
Биодред конечно расстроится
Семьи же будут, чой-то я расстроюсь?

Chimera-Syber
05.02.2017, 00:22
Семьи же будут, чой-то я расстроюсь?

ага, конечно, :trololo:

http://www.espanarusa.com/files/autoupload/55/67/39/qcjqrfy5337681.jpg

BioDread
05.02.2017, 00:29
ага, конечно
Сам же цитировал:
If you're a member of a House, then you can set privileges for other members to care for / use each others' tamed creatures
Назвали "семью" словом "House", это конечно всё сразу меняет, ага!

nORb Dragon
05.02.2017, 00:29
Ах да. Если чего, буду первым.

Маленькое объявление для будущих обитателей миров Dark & Light:
с удовольствием приму ваших оттамненных животных на заботу в случае вашего долгого оффлайна.
25% полученных костей с живности уходят в мой карман. За потраченное на них мое личное время.

Chimera-Syber
05.02.2017, 00:31
Сам же цитировал:

Назвали "семью" словом "House", это конечно всё сразу меняет, ага!

ты явно картинку не видел :|)

Добавлено через 1 минуту
25% полученных костей с живности уходят в мой карман. За потраченное на них мое личное время.

Согласен только на 5% из-за отсутствия у тебя лицензии на это дело.

BioDread
05.02.2017, 00:31
ты явно картинку не видел
Такие картинки - сам рассматривай!!!
Меня игровой функционал интересует.

nORb Dragon
05.02.2017, 00:35
Вообще любопытно, почему именно "House" в качестве "наименования сообщества". Обычно "гильдии", "кланы". Довольно редко используют "Дом" в ммошках (опустим, что D&L "не мморпг").

В Хрониках Спеллборна (мморпг, уже не существующая) понятие "House" использовалось в качестве фракций. Больше вроде нигде не встречал.

Добавлено через 54 секунды
Согласен только на 5% из-за отсутствия у тебя лицензии на это дело.
Мде? Ну и жди тогда лицензионного производителя костей! Одной химерой больше в клиентах, одной меньше - невелика разница! :spy:

BioDread
05.02.2017, 00:38
Вообще любопытно, почему именно "House" в качестве "наименования сообщества".
В АА есть три уровня сообществ: "семья", "гильдия" и "союз".
Описание "House" пока крайне похоже на семью из АА, особенно возможность расшаривать доступ к хозяйству.

Chimera-Syber
05.02.2017, 00:39
Такие картинки - сам рассматривай!!!

:|) burn, baby, burn

Добавлено через 47 секунд
Одной химерой больше в клиентах, одной меньше - невелика разница!

а что если у одной химеры больше, чем у всех остальных?

nORb Dragon
05.02.2017, 00:42
а что если у одной химеры больше, чем у всех остальных?
Больше, чем у мексиканца? 49+ см? :spy:

BioDread
05.02.2017, 00:43
burn, baby, burn
Я играю женскими персами, давай соответствующие картинки - буду смотреть!

nORb Dragon
05.02.2017, 00:48
Погоди. Есть мнение, что к раннему старту примут волевое решение и вырежут всех женщин из игры. Чтоб о браках не думали.

BioDread
05.02.2017, 00:50
Есть мнение
В "голубой устрице"? Никто даже не сомневался.
А вот в Китае такой номер не пройдёт :|)

Chimera-Syber
05.02.2017, 02:04

http://i.obozrevatel.com/8/1831105/366292.jpg

:trololo::trololo:

BioDread
05.02.2017, 02:08
Тык
Вот ведь можешь же!

nORb Dragon
07.02.2017, 13:52
Представитель разработчика на форуме стима видно еще тот... кхм. В общем, его слова, если утрировать:
Мы не заинтересованы в тысячах игроков на один сервер. Причина: мы хотим, чтобы каждому игроку было достаточно места для исследований и строительства. Мы против "переполненного тимпарка".

Где он нашел связь между тысячей игроков на сервере и тимпарком? Спрашивайте эту лошадиную морду в стиме, а не меня.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?tscn=1486431620#c135508398031738244

Hello Everyone.

@Horsejoke I heard server cap between 50 to 100's is that a limitation from Unreal Engine, network as local/online one or these limitation because of the early access?

Also is there a possible news when's the date of the Early Access ?

Thanks.

Decisions on server caps are influenced by a number of factors - network capabilities and game balance being the biggest ones.

Even if we had infinite resources, we still wouldn't want to cram even a thousand players on a single server. The current playable area in Dark and Light is pretty big compared to a lot of other games in the genre, but we still want each player to feel like they have enough room to explore and build, instead of being dropped into a crowded theme park.

Also in reality, we don't have infinite resources, so we want to make sure that our network is up to the task when we do start letting players in. We may need to scale official server caps depending on the load at Early Access launch, but we're doing our best to try and ensure that it goes smoothly with the caps we have in place.

Also I can't provide any info on an EA launch date - that would only be revealed in an official announcement.

BioDread
07.02.2017, 14:14
Где он нашел связь между тысячей игроков на сервере и тимпарком?
А у него нигде нет такой связи.
Есть описание типичной для тимпарков ситуации и написано про желание подобного избежать.
Ключевое выражение "to feel like".
И он прав. Чем бы ни была игра - парком или песочницей, - если вывалить 100500 человек в одну локацию, то первое, что подумает 99% игроков - "ну точно как в ВоВе на релизе экспаншена".

MyTAHT
07.02.2017, 14:15
Представитель разработчика на форуме стима видно еще тот... кхм. В общем, его слова, если утрировать:
Мы не заинтересованы в тысячах игроков на один сервер. Причина: мы хотим, чтобы каждому игроку было достаточно места для исследований и строительства. Мы против "переполненного тимпарка".

Где он нашел связь между тысячей игроков на сервере и тимпарком? Спрашивайте эту лошадиную морду в стиме, а не меня.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/154644598509383632/?tscn=1486431620#c135508398031738244

Смысла нет спрашивать, наобещали, а теперь в кусты, надо же как-то оправдаться отмазаться :dunno:
Логично всё.
Снэйлам проще/дешевле серверы на игроков бросить: как в Конане сейчас, чем поддерживать 20-30 серверов по тысяче человек.

nORb Dragon
07.02.2017, 14:19
если вывалить 100500 человек в одну локацию, то первое, что подумает 99% игроков - "ну точно как в ВоВе на релизе экспаншена".

Стартовые города - для отвода глаз? В той же линейке никого не смущало наличие игроков рядом на старте. А здесь будет смущать? Именно поэтому мы не только ограничимся 70-100 игроками, но и размажем их по трем городам, чтоб точно "было где подышать полной грудью"? :spy:

BioDread
07.02.2017, 14:24
В той же линейке никого не смущало наличие игроков рядом на старте.
Ты, видимо, не играл в игры, где важно заполучить хорошее место для строительства.
Да, здесь будет смущать, потому как игра ориентирована на совсем другие занятия.

nORb Dragon
07.02.2017, 14:26
важно заполучить хорошее место для строительства.
Ландмарк, что ли? А я то думал, что D&L - это игра про сурвайвал и пвп эверивере. :spy: Кто-то строит, а кто-то успешно ломает построенное.

BioDread
07.02.2017, 14:28
А я то думал, что D&L - это игра про сурвайвал и пвп эверивере.
И что по-твоему планировалось на ПвЕ-серверах?
Плохо думал, думай ещё раз.

nORb Dragon
07.02.2017, 14:41
И что по-твоему планировалось на ПвЕ-серверах?
Игра на две недели до выхода AoW2? :spy:

BioDread
07.02.2017, 14:47
Игра на две недели до выхода AoW2?
we still want each player to feel like they have enough room to explore and build
AoW2 будет таким же форком Арка, только в другом сеттинге.
И мунлайт зомби тоже.

Рейтинг@Mail.ru