Для входа на форум нажмите здесь
Новые комментарии
Hubris - Full Loot Open World PvP Sandbox Hardcore MMORPG
Автор темы: unikas
Дата создания: 07.02.2014 15:08
Маньяк
Hubris - Full Loot Open World PvP Sandbox Hardcore MMORPG
Раз пошла такая пьянка, то и я напишу про игру которая если выйдет, когда нибудь, то порвет все существующее .
После закрытия ДФ1 мир перестал существовать, жизнь потеряла смысл и т.д. Группа ветеранов ДФ1 были на грани суицида, но тут их головы посетила мысль, раз АВы смогли, то хуже мы точно не сможем.
Так взяла старт мечта, которая обрела имя Hubris.
Итак, что же это такое мы можем узнать отсюда:
Offtopic: Greetings friends,

Anyone who has ever known addiction is familiar with that deep burning desire and ache that comes when you can’t get your fix. For me, hardcore gaming is my addiction. My crack if you will. I’m obsessed and consumed by it. Unfortunately, the current gaming industry is one where games are made to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Instead of trying to push the envelope and innovate, games are being made simply to attract the most people possible. The gaming industry has begun to cheapen itself, focusing solely on their bottom lines and releasing unfinished titles or copy/paste cash-grab sequels. These companies look for safe and simple game models that have been proven to work and are milking them beyond measure. They are more focused on the bottom line than on what gamers really want. After years of being led on by company promises and then being let down over and over...I’m done. They can keep their shitty combat and weak gameplay. Their excuse for a sandbox and inferior quality. I’ve decided to make my own game. A full loot open world pvp territory control sandbox that razes the bar and leaves the sheeple in the ashes. Welcome to Hubris.

There is no game out there or under development that appeals to me in its entirety. Most combat systems suck, plain and simple. The few games that have a good combat system always have a major void elsewhere: boring gameplay, being run by a horrible company, limited player freedom, etc. After countless years of playing games, I’ve come to realize that no game is justified in having a blind spot. Hubris is going to addresses all these deficits. It will immerse you in a world where gameplay is of the utmost importance. Each aspect will be well planned and thought out; the key will be balance. Here are a few of our ideas:

Economy
The economy epitomizes this concept of balance. A well thought out and balanced player driven economy will propel the entire game. Without a solid economy everything else falls apart and becomes meaningless. I want to put value into every action, from going out and raiding a neighboring alliance to adventuring into an ancient dungeon and defeating the evils that lie within. A balanced economy makes these actions worthwhile because it gives them a monetary value in which to advance your character. Crafting will be an important aspect of this economy and I want to make it worthwhile, not to mention profitable. There is nothing worse than a crafter selling his items for less that it cost to craft it, yet that happens in many games these days. Every item will be craftable, enabling crafters of all types to get in on the action and forge everything from warships to bows, armor to siege equipment, potions to augmentations.

Character Development
In Hubris, characters will not be bound to classes that dictate play style. Who says a mage has to wear a robe or that a warrior can’t use magic? Each category of armor will have statistical advantages which a player will need to weigh wisely when coupling an armament to their play style. Those interested in hybrid possibilities might choose to wear a mixture of plate armor and robes, reaping enhanced protections as well as passive magical effects. Characters will not be constrained to certain weapons, armor, or skills. Long gone are the days of needing to start another character to learn a new profession. Since characters are not shackled by classes, you can do everything with just one. Hubris will be all about putting the sand back into sandbox. The freedom to play what you want and how you want it with no limitations based on arbitrary systems. Equipment will also be free of attribute requirements. Rather, in Hubris, there is nothing stopping a novice player from picking up a powerful weapon and using it. This game will not be about limiting players but allowing them to push the edges of their imagination.

Dungeons
Whether you enjoy hunting monsters or players, above ground or below, we will have you covered. Unmarked dungeons bursting with unique encounters and loot will pepper the lands, providing fortune for those who dare enter their depths. Immersion will be the key factor in their design, from the smallest of soloable caves to the most epic dungeons designed to engulf the largest groups of players for hours, some of which may never find their way out. Explorers will actually find dungeon entrances in the world that they can simply walk into, rather than having to activate a portal and a loading screen. Hubris will not have instanced areas, everything will be in the same open world.

Crafting
At the heart of every great sandbox is an elaborate crafting system. Every usable item in Hubris will be craftable, from the simplest of daggers to the most intricate of city buildings. Each tier of armor and weapon in the game will have different styles that will affect the cosmetics of the item upon creation. Crafters will enter the world knowing only their racial style, but will have the opportunity to expand their knowledge into other styles as well. Various tribes of monsters will be outfitted in their own custom styles of armor and weapons which players can also learn to craft. Those interested in truly honing their craft may unlock mastery level customizations that enhance the statistics of the base item. Salvaging will also be an option to deconstruct useless items into their raw materials which can be used to forge new equipment. Players will also be able to craft their own siege equipment to pave their way to supremacy.

Cooking
Novice chefs will be able to cook their meals over a simple open fire. Whether they are cooking a stew made from harvested crops or roasting the backside of a vanquished beast, players of many different play styles will be able to easily forge simple meals. As cooks increase their skill and efficiency in cooking, they can experiment adding various herbs and spices into their meals to hopefully gain added benefit, or unforeseen detriment. Players who are in a city will be able to use more efficient cooking apparati, further reducing the frequency of burnt or ruined foods. Players who own their own houses or are a part of a clan might be able to construct their own more advanced cooking equipment, far exceeding that which is found in cities.

Alchemy
Those interested in alchemy will be able to experiment with various ingredients to create powerful potions. Alchemists interested in the darker arts may experiment creating poisons able to be applied to arrows or weapons, or even added to food. Novice alchemists will need to learn that different ingredients produce various effects to be able to accurately harness their power. Alchemists can also create armor dyes that can be applied to armors to change their appearance. Potions will range in utility, healing stat points, buffing vitals, providing one-time cast self-buffs, curing disease or poison.

Harvesting
Hubris will also foster the adventurer in everyone. Aspects such as harvesting and farming will favor the bold who are brave enough to venture into the uncharted territories of the map. Rare harvesting nodes will be on a gradient scale with rarer nodes spawning more frequently in more dangerous areas and almost never in new player areas. Different areas of the world will have unique climates which will harbor their own indigenous resource nodes. If you need to harvest a cactus to finish your new experimental potion, you should probably head to the desert and start searching. Farming will also be limited to geographic areas. If the idea of growing your own resources interests you, Hubris will also allow you to cultivate crops that need to be watered and tended to yield large quantities of resources.

Community
Make no mistake, Hubris can be a very hostile and unforgiving game. Most players will find it beneficial to create or join guilds and forge alliances to weather the storms other players can unleash. You can build great cities and empires, but be wary. Everything built can be destroyed if not properly protected. Castles can be toppled and walls can be breached. Some players may find more adventure playing alone, where politics do not apply. Opportunities and great profits will exist for such players brave enough to delve into the heart of darkness alone and make it out alive to tell the tale. Diplomacy might be an important factor for small and medium sized guilds who don’t command the wealth or resources of the powerhouses but, through alliances, can still influence world events. Some may even consider the possibility of becoming mercenaries to the highest bidder, using a combination of strategy, tactics and subterfuge to change the tides of war. We believe in playing the way you want to, giving players the true freedom to walk any path they choose.

Combat
The three pillars of combat will be melee, archery and magic. Given that Hubris will offer no tab-targeting system players will have to aim all of their attacks using a crosshair, whether it be the swing of a sword, the trajectory of an arrow or the casting of a spell. This type of fast paced twitch combat is what will define Hubris as not only a sandbox game but a true hybrid between first person shooter and action role-playing game. Every type of weapon is unique, each with their own strengths and drawbacks. Those looking to devastate their opponents with large two-handed weapons will be able to choose from a variety of polearms, greataxes, greatclubs, or greatswords. Players who prefer to use smaller, faster weapons may choose to either dual wield or pair a one-handed weapon with a shield. These one-handers will include axes, clubs, daggers, and swords. Archery and magic will work much like a first person shooter. Players will have to judge their targets speed and distance, offsetting their aim accordingly to accurately engage targets.

I hope the information given here provides you with a solid insight into what kind of a game we are creating. I want to offer as much transparency as possible throughout the process, keeping our community front and center in everything that we do. Many aspects of what I’ve said are indeed set in stone. Hubris is meant to appeal to the hardcore demographic. We’re here to create the game we want to play, one that redefines what a true open world sandbox mmorpg can be. If what I’ve described sounds like the game you’ve been waiting for, we know how you feel. Stay tuned.

Вообщем на пенсии будет во что поиграть Пока их 5-ро в команде
Аватар для HappyFrag_renamed_59515_21062023
Маньяк
Re: Hubris - Full Loot Open World PvP Sandbox Hardcore MMORPG
Читал сегодня про неё, если у них что нибудь и получится, то ой как не скоро...

Маньяк
Re: Hubris - Full Loot Open World PvP Sandbox Hardcore MMORPG
Ну я тоже вдохновился - мечтать то не вредно ).

«Я молот Императора, я Его правая рука, я латная перчатка на Его кулаке, острие Его копья, лезвие Его меча»