Обсуждение Project CARS
Автор темы: Chimera-Syber
Дата создания: 06.05.2015 21:14
Project CARS

Релиз: 7 мая
Официальный сайт: http://www.projectcarsgame.com/
Страница в Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/234630/
Официальный форум: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/

Project CARS - это самая достоверная, красивая, напряженная и технически продвинутая гоночная игра на планете. Создайте гонщика, выберите понравившуюся серию из множества автоспортивных дисциплин и включайте повышенную передачу чтобы достичь одной из Исторических Целей и войти в Зал Славы. Испытайте свои навыки в многопользовательских заездах в рамках полноценных гоночных уик-эндов, побейте рекорды, установленные другими игроками или примите участие в постоянно обновляемых состязаниях сообщества. Имея за пазухой графический и физический движок мирового уровня, революционную систему динамической смены суток и погоды, возможность тонкой настройки машины и полноценные пит-стопы, Project CARS вынуждает своих конкурентов глотать пыль далеко позади.

Полезные ссылки:

※ Гоховский сервер в Discord. Вступай! Подписывайся на канал с новостями - автоматический постинг на ваш сервер!

Настройка стрима - гайды, статьи и руководства
※ Нужна помощь по настройке трансляции? Вам сюда!
Последний раз редактировалось Chimera-Syber; 08.05.2015 в 01:55.
Re: Project CARS
It's time.. Gentlemen, start your engines!

Project CARS официально вышел

※ Гоховский сервер в Discord. Вступай! Подписывайся на канал с новостями - автоматический постинг на ваш сервер!

Аватар для Evola_renamed_739042_18022021
Гуру
Лекарь
Как говорят на соседнем ресурсе "Идеальное эталонное ненужно".

К преду за хейт готов, котомку собрал.

I am the lizard king, I can do anything

...игрокам надо изучать современные читы, закрытые торрент-трекеры, чёрные рынки ММО и тренироваться в матерном русском... (с)
Сообщение от Evola:
Как говорят на соседнем ресурсе "Идеальное эталонное ненужно".
в смысле?

Гуру
Лекарь
Сообщение от Chimera-Syber:
в смысле?
linux.org.ru не читаете?

Там это мем такой если что не интересно.

...игрокам надо изучать современные читы, закрытые торрент-трекеры, чёрные рынки ММО и тренироваться в матерном русском... (с)
Сообщение от Evola:
linux.org.ru не читаете?
не, не читаю. Просто мне интересна параллель с Project CARS.

Гуру
Лекарь
Сообщение от Chimera-Syber:
не, не читаю. Просто мне интересна параллель с Project CARS.
Параллель есть между goha и lor, такие олдскульные тематические форумы со своими статьями на лурке и специалистами во всех областях среди пользователей.

Открыт официальный форум: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/

Пока публикую в оригинале (кастомные раскраски машин)

Vehicle custom liveries - How to + FAQ

What do I need?

1. Photoshop CS (or higher) or any other software (e.g. GIMP) that can deal with PSD and DDS file types.

2. If your software does not support DDS files out of the box you need this plugin: http://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-t...dobe-photoshop

3. A bit of knowledge how to use Photoshop, GIMP or whatever software you chose.

4. Official Paint Templates (not yet published)

How to (Photoshop Guide)

1. Open the Template PSD file

2. Do your art in (or closer to) the specific layer

3. Flatten all layers (better performance when generate the DDS)
* dont forget to hide the Wireframe layer

4. Save your DDS in the proper format (see the "Size & File formats" table below)

5. Overwrite the related custom livery in "[your drive]:\[your system]\STEAM\SteamApps\common\pCars\Vehicles\Textures\Cu stomLiveries"

Size & File formats

* always all MIP maps

FAQ

Where do I find the custom textures?
In your pCARS runtime under "[your drive]:\[your system]\STEAM\SteamApps\common\pCars\Vehicles\Textures\Cu stomLiveries" you will find default custom liveries for all cars.
They are all white and show a black wireframe.
Simply replace these textures with your own and choose the "Custom Livery" in the GUI selection.

Will my liveries be deleted when I uninstall the game or install a new version?
We've changed the installer to not replace the files if they're already present, or uninstall them if they've been modified from the defaults, so it should be fairly safe.
But if you blindly delete your whole pCARS folder say, you'll lose them.
So you better keep the PSD files of your liveries somewhere safe.

Why are there PLAYER and AI liveries for each car?
PLAYER livery is the High Res one, that is only used if the player uses the "Custom Livery".
AI livery is usually smaller. This is the livery if the AI uses the "Custom Livery".

How do I paint my livery in Photoshop or GIMP?
Sorry, but I won't explain how to use Photoshop here.
There are lots of tutorials out there.

Will there be a 3D Viewer?
No. But you can save the DDS while game is running. See a "3D Viewer Alternative" in the "Tip" section of this FAQ.

What settings do the liveries need to be saved with?
You save them as simple "DXT1" DDS with all MIP maps.
Set the DDS plugin to "create new mip maps".
The DDS file should be saved as a square image, so if a PSD file is not square (e.g. 4096x6144 pixels), you first need to resize it to 4096x4096 before exporting it to DDS).

I have problems saving the DDS files. What can I do?
Save the livery as TGA.
Then open the TGA and save the DDS from there.
That will usually always work. Sometimes there are problems saving DDS files from layered PSD files.

Can we just use one custom livery per car at the same time at the moment?
Yes. You can only have 1 custom livery per car.

Are metallic effects possible?
No, only solid paint is possible at the moment.
The shaders for these effects are too complicated to be externally influenced.
However, chrome and matte effects are possible. See specular + fresnel maps at the bottom of these FAQ.

Can we make 4096x4096px liveries or are we limited by size?
4096x4096px liveries are possible.
Your PC performance and memory is the limit I guess.

Chrome and Matte Effect

What can I do with specular maps for liveries?
Specular maps control the specularity and glossyness of the material.
In the RGB channels (normal painting area) you can control how much light gets reflected and what colour it reflects.
Glossy paint materials usually reflect white light, so it would be 255/255/255 white.
For matte or semigloss paint you would choose a grey tone, something around 160/160/160 works well for matte paint.
For the blue chrome (see below) you would choose a bright blue colour.
The alpha channel controls how glossy the material is, i.e. how blurred the emap reflections are.
Greyscale values: White = glossy (sharp reflections), Black = matte (blurry reflections). 20/20/20 works well for matte paint.
The darker the alpha channel, the more blurry the reflections get.
Specular maps have to be saved as DXT5 (with alpha).
See attached screenshot and livery textures as example!

What can I do with fresnel maps for liveries?
Fresnel maps control the fresnel value of the paint material, i.e. the amount of reflections per angle.
Detailed explanation here: http://www.3drender.com/glossary/fresneleffect.htm
This is actually the effect that makes paint and glass look realistic.
With the fresnel map you are able to create chrome paint effect like on the McLaren F1 cars.
Greyscale values: White = Paint material, Black/Darkgrey = Chrome
Fresnel maps have to be saved as DXT1 (without alpha).
See attached screenshot and livery textures as example!

Вложения:
Тип файла: rar Example_chrome-matte_livery.rar (215.3 Кб, 33 просмотров)

Tips

Avoid RGB pure white and pure black
All bright colous should be 90% brightness maximum, unless you want flourescent neon colours. And pure black can cause transparency issues.
Best RGB values should be around:

3D Viewer Alternative
You can save your livery DDS file in the livery folder while the game is running.
ALT+TAB and back to the game. In Garage, move on livery left (or right) and back to the Custom Livery to see your updated livery.

Оригинал темы: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ies-How-to-FAQ
Здесь можно скачать ливреи от пользователей: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/for...nload-Database

Старый пост про Oculus Rift, то есть про его настройку на английском языке. Выложу в спойлер, но думаю будет полезно.

This is a post I've taken from the ENORMOUS Oculus Rift Discussion thread. Hopefully it should be more accessible and helpful here.

Updated 2 April 2015
If new builds are out when you read this then you should check the most recent posts below to see if there are any discussion of changes. I will try to keep this first post reasonably up to date with new suggestions and findings.

Setup your Rift
- Read the full Oculus Getting Started Guide and the DK2 Quick start guide
- Install the latest Oculus Runtime for your operating system (latest is v0.5.0.1-beta)
- Update the firmware as described in the user guide (latest is v2.12)
- Customise your settings in the Oculus Configuration utility, including the advanced section to ensure you have the correct IPD setting
- Make sure the Positional Tracking Camera isn't too high compared to your eyes, otherwise you will start very low in the cockpit
- If you are having issues then have a look around on the Oculus Developer forums, there is lots of helpful info
- This detailed setup video may also be helpful
(thanks Joe Moore)

Setup your Rift for pCars
- put Rift in extended mode (pCars is not currently fully operational in direct mode)
- Rift does not need to be primary monitor, set it as secondary monitor to make life much easier
- rotate the Rift to portrait position via your Nvidia/AMD control panel
- pCars will automatically detect the Rift and select it's maximum refresh rate, even if the graphics menu suggests otherwise (this can be tested with Ctrl-s when using v-sync)
- some say that matching your standard monitors refresh rate to your rift helps prevent judder, but this had no impact on my system
- some say that turning off aero (windows composition) helps prevent judder, but again this had no impact on my system

Consider using the B lenses
- I've done some side-by-side testing (with one A and one B lens) and found I actually prefer the B lenses - even though I have completely normal vision. I still use the A "Eye cups" setting in the Oculus Config Utility. Your mileage may vary.
- There is increased clarity towards the sides of the B lenses. This is both very functional and very comfortable. It feels much more natural to look around with your eyes more and not need to turn your head as much, eg glance to your mirror and see it clearly rather than turn your head to look directly at it. This is gives the impression of increased "functional" fov. I like it a LOT!
- The B lense don't protrude towards your eyes as much and therefore you can reduce the eye relief setting without your eye lashes touching the lenses (unless your nose gets in the way) which provides a real FOV increase.
- Also, the "screen-door-effect" is significantly reduced. At first I thought this was because I'd left the plastic lens protectors on the B lenses (a tip I saw on the developer forums) but in the end I decided to remove the protector for slightly increased clarity and I still found the screen-door-effect was reduced compared to the A lenses. This gives the image a smoother look, it's harder to see pixels and therefore a little easier to feel presence.
- However, the B lenses may give you the impression that the distance is blurrier and it's harder to focus on it. But it turns out this is somewhat of an illusion. I realise now that when using the A lenses I had been focusing quite a bit on the actual pixels in an attempt to "lock" my eyes on a distant object, and since the pixels are less obvious with the B lenses you can't rely on them as a focal object, and therefore you can get the impression that the distance is blurrier and it's harder to focus on it. However, when you use one of each lense to compare them directly there is actually no difference in the blurriness of the image! It does maybe feel a little easier for your eyes to feel like they focus on the distance with the A lenses, but that's because you're focusing on the pixels (the screen door effect) not the distant object and not because it's any clearer. So, the blurriness in the distance is simply due to the low resolution of the DK2, not the B lenses, it's just more obvious when using the B lenses. I am happy to accept this trade off. But again, your mileage may vary.

Setup pCars Steam launch options
- using -skipcrowds can significantly improve fps
- using /USERNAME yourusername /PASSWORD yourpassword will save you needing to type these in which is difficult with the Rift
- there are no steam launch options necessary to use the rift, it is automatically detected
- you can use -novr to disable the Rift detection (or just turning it off also works)
- you can disable dynamic VR predication with -vrnodynp
- the Rift doesn’t currently appear to work with DX9, so you’re out of luck with a DX9 card

Setup pCars
- delete your profile and graphicsconfig file after each new build is installed and restart your system to ensure maximum compatibility
- make sure you are running the latest Weekly build in the Steam Beta tab (Junior builds may not have full Rift support yet).
- the menus are not currently in 3d, only the actual game, so it can be useful to disable the Rift and load the game to edit your settings, eg controller, graphics, track, car, weather, etc, then exit pCars and restart the Rift and restart pCars
- you can actually learn to navigate the menus quite well from inside the rift, you left eye sees most of the left half of the screen, while the right eye sees most of the right side
- alternatively, when you finish a race and go back to menus, simply click the "off" button on top of the rift. The display will then jump back to full single screen on your monitor. Turn the rift on again when you start a race. (thanks flibberflops)
- another alternative is to use OBS to mirror the Rift display to your desktop, some have found that this drops their fps, others love it
- if you set the graphics settings using your normal monitor then you’ll only be able to select the resolution and refresh rate of your standard monitor. However, as mentioned above, pCars will automatically, detect the Rift and select it's maximum refresh rate, even if the graphics menu suggests otherwise (this can be tested with Ctrl-s when using v-sync)

Setup pCars controller settings
- it's very important to map a button on your keyboard or wheel to “Centre VR Headset”
- also map buttons to the seat up/down, forward/back controls and use them to adjust your eye position from the default if needed

Your frames per second (fps) MUST always be higher than your refresh rate of 75
- this ensures smooth tracking and prevents nausea
- your fps will drop significantly in the DK2 compared to your normal monitor, perhaps by 25% or more, so to get 75fps in the Rift you'll need at least 100fps constant on a standard 1080 monitor
- you can view your fps in game with either Ctrl-s or using software such as RTSS (with OSD coordinates adjusted to x300 & y500)
- drop graphics detail to achieve 75fps at all costs
- 75fps is much more important than graphics detail!
- got it?

Experiment with Vsync on/off, capping fps at 75, and simultaneously using a 75fps cap and Vsync
- v-sync off (internal tracking movements can be stuttery/juddery, while positional tracking is smooth, see here)
- v-sync on (can cause lag and unnatural world movement)
- fps cap of 75 and v-sync off (can provide excellent very-low-lag tracking with tearing, however I get almost no tearing if I use 32bit instead of 64bit)
- fps cap of 75 AND v-sync on (can provide less lag than using vsync alone with no tearing)
- a higher cap (eg 80 or 100) actually creates blur and stutter, so stick with 75!
- You can use either the vsync in the game or via your graphics card control panel, the ingame vsync is clever enough to disable itself if you drop below your refresh rate (thanks Griff)
- you can cap your fps with software such as Nvidia Inspector or RTSS built into MSI Afterburner
- you can view your fps in game with either Ctrl-s or using software such as RTSS (with OSD coordinates adjusted to x300 & y500)

Setup camera settings
- Go to options > camera > movement and set the following:
- High Speed Shake... default is no, it's quite bumpy if you use with the Rift
- World movement... default is 50, 0 locks eye position relative to the horizon, 100 locks eye position relative to the car position (like in LFS)
- G-force effect... default is 50, try 0 to turn off or 100 to exaggerate
- show helmet = (automatically disabled when Rift detected)
- helmet depth of field = (automatically disabled when Rift detected)
- helmet look to apex = (automatically disabled when Rift detected)
- helmet leaning = (automatically disabled when Rift detected)
- camera leaning = (automatically disabled when Rift detected)

Setup pCars with reasonably low graphics settings to ensure 75fps, for example
Visual FX:
- Post processing = on
- Lens flare = on
- Sun flare external and internal = full
- Bloom = on
- Heat haze = off
- Detailed Grass = off
- HDR mode = photographic
- Global Specular Irradiance = on
- Exposure Compensation = 1.0
- Rain drops = yes
- Vignette = yes
- Particle level = low
- Particle density = low
- Crepuscular rays = no
- Stretched Headlight Reflections = yes
- Stretched Lamppost Reflections = yes
Fidelity:
- Resolution = ignore, pCars automatically sets 1920x1080 at max refresh rate
- Windowed = no
- Texture resolution = high
- Texture filter = 16 (you could drop this to 8 but it usually has very little fps impact)
- Vsync = see section above for more info
- AA = off
- FXAA = off
- SMAA = off
- Reflections = low
- Environment map = low
- Car detail = high
- Track detail = high (though there seems to be more pop-up in the Rift compared to the same setting on a normal monitor)
- Shadow detail = off
- Motion blur = off
- Render ahead = 1
Hardware:
- VR Predict = 1.0 (doesn’t seem to make any difference on my system)
- Use shared memory = no (unrelated to rift)
- Jitter Tweak = 4.0 (not specifically related to the Rift)

Increase graphics settings once you are sure you can always maintain 75 fps
- add either MSAA or DS2X (MSAA is better on vertical jaggies, DS2X is better with lines on road, some people have reported that MSAA might be causing a "slight movement of the world for one or two frames" issue, but this might be fixed by now)
- increase Reflections, Environment map and car detail (but you might not notice a difference in the Rift)
- increase particle level and density (but you might not notice a difference in the Rift)
- 2560x1440@75hz does not seem to provide improvements to image quality like it does in LFS and Elite Dangerous, perhaps because 1920x1080@75Hz is forced automatically

Don't worry, more DK2 updates and optimisations are on the way
- I know its hard, but please try to be patient

Any suggestions? I'll try to keep things updated as we go along.

Новое DLC Racing Icons Car Pack:
  • Bentley Continental GT3
  • Bentley Speed8 LMGTP
  • BMW V12 LMR
  • McLaren F1 GTR (1997)

Последний раз редактировалось Chimera-Syber; 11.06.2015 в 01:13.
Аватар для ygggra_renamed_939893_27082022
Старожил
гоночки