Показать сообщение отдельно
Elven Knight
Танк Просветитель
Награжден за: За отличную статью по Pillars of Eternity
Re: Интервью с главой студии Iron Tower - О прошлых играх, The New World и жанре РПГ
Сообщение от Vince_ITS:
You missed the point. It's not about dark fantasy but about a simple fact that a group, even if it's a group of do-gooders who make a living saving kittens, is never a single-minded organism. Different people have their own ideas about how things should be handled.
I do not agree in that part of your thesis that in most party games the companions do not challenge the leader's decisions and perform the function of the interactive appendages of the protagonist. They have their own history, their views, they value some decisions and despise others. Yes, there are different party games from different developers. But to argue that all these products are typical - it's just not right. This was my main message, maybe it was a little bit lost among the stream of my thoughts. About the dark fantasy... just one painful topic for me, the association arose by itself, automatically))

As for me I'm used to playing lawful good or neutral good characters, so I do not have the opportunity to bring the companions to extremes. Maybe that’s why my protagonists never knew the real cost of companions’ loyalty. In any case, any leader should be a diplomat. And if he gathers people around him, no matter who - paladins or murderers from the big road and they do one general thing, he has the skills to unite people through the search for compromises. Therefore, it is not surprising that ordinary people are grouped around leaders. It is natural that we see such schemes in games.

Сообщение от Vince_ITS:
Sure, Arcanum, being a proper role-playing game, didn't treat the party members as mindless meat bags. They could object to questionable actions and disagree and even leave you - unless you pacify them with gifts, which made the entire concept pointless. You could do whatever you wanted as long as you had some earl grey tea or absinthe or sweet cakes. Apparently, women will let you get away with murder (literally) if you ply them with sweet cakes. True or false?

http://www.terra-arcanum.com/forums/...er-gifts.5190/
I've played Arcanum so many times, but I've heard about it for the first time in my life. Wow!

Сообщение от Lexxx20:
Но партию не покидает от действий игрока? Скажем, если против Опальных пойти с Барриком в партии, когда у того минимальная лояльность - он на чьей стороне будет драться?
Уходит из отряда ГГ. Кто-то же даже в пластинке плакался по этому поводу. Что "танк" ушел как раз после того, как ГГ предал Эша.

Proud like a flame, unpredictable like a storming ocean.