Показать сообщение отдельно
Предводитель
GoHa.Ru - 10 лет Крафтер
Re: The New World - Что нам известно об игре на данный момент
Сообщение от Vince_ITS:
Сообщение от PipBoy
But concept "ship like a closed system" is very narrow because in such plot you can fight only with inner enemies (and number of this enemies limited by human psychology).
By this logic Earth is the most boring place in the universe because we fight only inner enemies (no space invaders) and these enemies are limited by human psychology. In reality our history is anything but boring - it's vast, rich, fascinating and horrifying.
Yeap, I do not like most stories based on real life. Humans are different but human societies are usually the same. When you move your story to the space then this allow you to introduce something new what reader do not see around himself. But if you focus your story on aspects which reader already have seen then you need to make this things really good. Author cannot make story interesting because "it's sci-fi". For example, "A Fire upon the Deep" is pretty poor writing (at least in Russian translation) but it can be interesting because of author's imagination.
Anyway I do not believe in the current RPG genre filled with clones. I think I should try your Age of Decadence. Maybe there are something new or realization is on different level.

Тролль-инженер 85го уровня