Показать сообщение отдельно
Старожил
Re: Состоялся релиз классической RPG Torment: Tides of Numenera от InXile Entertainment
Блин, сам не играл, зашел на работе на рпг кодекс, а там:

tworment was so good i refunded it

Any comparisons to the gorgeous dialogue exchanges of Torment or its sense of immersion in harsh, alien worlds are painfully in the favour of a game now 18 years old. In my 23 hours with Numenera (and that is including all possible side quests) I had the constant sensation of wandering between a super detailed encyclopaedia's pages which ultimately, told no story at all.
A bare bones character creation process with 90% of all skills presented, being completely and utterly, useless. The UI itself looks like it was designed by a Computer Science student on the eve of his thesis deadline, seeing double and being half-crazy with sleep deprivation.

The litany of terrors does not end here, as "Oddities" have been included as well. These are some "super weird" items that come into our possession in the course of our adventure and have the power to do, brace yourselves, absolutely nothing. You read that right. inXile's official excuse on this is that they "add colour and character to the game's world". My soul is broken inXile, I'm off to add cognac to my coffee and I'll be right back to continue writing this obituary.

When Assassin's Creed: Syndicate contains more meaningful character development than a game called Torment: Tides of Numenera, you know that you are in serious, very serious trouble.

When you consider that Pillars of Eternity, with significantly fewer funds at its budget delivered a gorgeous "audio-visual" combo, Numenera is naked and plain inexcusable.

The game's endings are strictly pre-defined and the choice is given to you via a horribly Mass Effect-esque finale sequence that will have purists frothing at the mouth at the sacrilege. We have an extremely linear, short game that may offer the illusion of three or four different choices when it comes to quest resolution but is actually taking us from point A to point B to point C with surgical precision. Compared to Torment, this is infantile.

The only good things I remember from this game are two very well-written side quests as well as the refreshingly well-conceived NPC character of Rhin, who is truly wasted in this irredeemable fiasco

Пробую торрент-эдишн, в общем.